Number plates made on site
It is illegal to drive a vehicle with a broken / damaged number plate. Lava's Garage have got you covered.
Number Pates Made to Order
It is illegal to drive a vehicle with a broken / damaged number plate. Lava’s Garage have got you covered – we can fix or replace your number plates * for your car or bike. We can also make you an extra set of number plates for towing.
What do we need to see?
Proof of Identity:
- Driving licence
- National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Proof of Entitlement:
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue Certificates)
- The tear- off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
- A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
- A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
- A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp
- A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C
- A record of the insurer’s name, reference and policy number (for repairs approved by an insurance company).
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can’t provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!